Treatment in Hyderabad
Shoulder fractures are the traumatic events resulting from a fall on the shoulder, accidents, contact sports, etc. The shoulder is a complex joint connecting the upper end of the humerus with glenoid (socket of capsule). Any disturbing event or rupture in these parts results in fractures and can affect the functioning of the shoulder.
Understanding Shoulder Fracture
The shoulder is a sophisticated joint made up of the scapula (shoulder blade), the humerus (upper arm bone), and the clavicle (collarbone). Various muscles, ligaments, and tendons surround all these bones. The shoulder is the most mobile joint which allows you to place your arm and hands in a variety of positions. As the most mobile joint, it is highly prone to injuries and problems.
A fractured shoulder or broken shoulder can be either displaced or non-displaced. When the broken pieces are still in their anatomic position, it is described as a non-displaced fracture. Displaced shoulder fracture requires restoring the shoulder to its normal anatomy. Proximal humerus fracture, fractured scapula, and fractured clavicle are the different types of shoulder fractures.
Symptoms of a Fractured Shoulder
- Shoulder Pain
- Deformity or a “bump” at the fracture site
- Bruising or discoloration down your arm
- Inability to move your shoulder
- Failure to raise your arm without pain
- Shoulder Fracture Assessment
Dr. Chandra Sekhar conducts a thorough medical evaluation and discusses all the prior upper extremity injuries and genetic medical conditions. He also performs a physical examination to evaluate your affected shoulder; arm mobility, and range of motion and measures the same with the opposite shoulder.
He may also demand certain imaging tests to understand the severity of the fracture and to detect additional damage to the shoulder:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan
- CT scan
Shoulder Fracture Treatment:
Once your diagnosis is confirmed, Dr Chandra Sekhar will discuss the treatment options that best fit you. However, the treatment options vary depending on the type and severity of the fracture.
Clavicle Fractures usually doesn’t require surgery. Dr Chandra Sekhar recommends surgery when there is a compound fracture in which the bone is severely out of place. In this surgery, he fixes the fracture using the plates and screws or rods within the bone.
Proximal Humerus Fractures
These fractures can be treated without surgery. But surgery is needed when bone fragments are shifted out of position. In this procedure, your surgeon may fix the fracture fragments using plates, screws, or pins. In some rare instances, he may also suggest a shoulder replacement.
Scapula Fractures can be treated without surgery. They can be treated with the help of immobilization with a sling or shoulder immobilizer, icing, and pain medications. Your surgeon may recommend surgery when fracture fragments involve the shoulder joint. In this procedure, he may fix the fracture fragments using plates, and screws.
Why Dr. Chandra Sekhar for Shoulder Fracture Treatment in Hyderabad?
- State-of-the-art facility & world-class care
- A comprehensive multidisciplinary approach
- Invaluable experience & expertise in treating patients with fractured shoulders
- A specialized treatment plan tailored to the specific patient
- Advanced bleeding-edge medical technology to diagnose & treat shoulder fractures
- Comprehensive and personalized treatment followed by a rehabilitation plan for patients.
- The attention of patient safety and long-term mobility
- Patient-friendly environment
To schedule an appointment with the best shoulder surgeon call at 9959588389, 9100059590 Or Fill the contact form to receive a call from our scheduling department.
What Are the Different Types Of Shoulder Fractures?
There are 3 types of shoulder fractures, as follows:
- Proximal humerus fracture
- Fractured scapula
- Fractured clavicle
What Are The Non-Surgical Treatment Options Available For Shoulder Fracture?
The non-surgical treatment options available for shoulder fracture include:
- Medications including analgesics and antibiotics
- Physical/occupational therapy.
What Are The Causes of Fractured Shoulder?
Here are the few causes of fractured shoulder:
- Falling from a height
- Contact sports
- Other traumatic events
What Are The Other Treatments Offered?
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Mini-Open or Open Surgery
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
How Do I Make An Appointment?
To make an appointment,
Call at: 9959588389, 9100059590