Top 5 Exercises To Retain Normal Shoulder Activities
Your shoulders are sensitive and complicated joints that are particularly easy to target, and if you put them under more pressure, you can end up with injuries that will cut you out of your daily work for months.
However, you might have undergone specific shoulder injuries or they might even happen in the future sometime. Your shoulders are made up of the anterior (front delt), medial (side delt) and posterior (rear delt) ligaments and to recover faster, you need to follow some exercises. You need to do all three of them.
It may sound a little odd and like you need a lot of planning, don’t worry, here are some workouts that make all those muscles work. After the treatment for a shoulder injury, you should not stress before they’re ready. You should perform some warm-up exercises or stretchings: you may also don’t need much time and equipment to strengthen your shoulders.
Here are the top 5 exercises to retain your normal shoulder activities:
- Shoulder Stability Exercise also called Up Down Exercise. It starts in a low plank position and then pushes off from the floor into a high plank position. While doing this exercise, make sure that you keep your core and hips as steady as possible. Next, from top plank position, you should return to the low plank position. And repeat it alternatively between starting with your left and right arm.
Repeat this exercise between your left and right arm for ten to twelve times per side and of three sets.
- Place a resistance band between your forearms. Now you need to stretch your left and right shoulder in circular directions along the wall. You can do this stretching exercise at your flexible height which stimulates your muscles more.
Repeat this stretching exercise for ten to twelve times per side and of three sets.
- Stand with your feet apart by holding a lightweight object in your both hands. Now hang your arms loosely at your sides and slowly lift the lightweight object upward by making small circles until they come in a horizontal position. Now hold the position for a while and then lower your arms slowly.
Repeat it for ten to twelve times per side and three sets per side.
- Take a 1.5L water bottle and fill ¾ of it with water. Now take the bottle into your right hand and stretch the arm straight out in front of you. Make sure that your hand is parallel to your shoulder and your arm should be straight.
Hold the bottle for 30 to 60 seconds in this position by switching sides and repeat the exercise for sets per side.
- Attach a resistance band to the wall or an anchor point. Take a resistance band and attach one end to the anchor point, then catch the other end in your hand and pull it until it’s tight. Make sure your arm is at a 90-degree angle, and your elbows should be close to your body. Arrange the tension on the band according to your flexibility. Maintain your arm position and rotate your shoulders externally in the direction of the anchor point.
Repeat it for ten to twelve times per side and do it three sets.
For more information or if you have any shoulder problems, consult Dr. Chandra Sekhar, the best shoulder expert in Hyderabad. He can treat any shoulder problems minor to major. Book an Appointment right away and find a solution for your shoulder problem.